Sunday, January 1, 2012

Evie Meets MOST of the Fam!

Today marks the first day since December 8th that we have not had family in town staying with us.  And, although it's been wonderful, I guess it's time to join the real world again.  Well, a world where Evie's been held every minute, more or less, of every day for the last 3 weeks.  So, this world will likely consist of quite a bit more crying than the one I left on the 8th!  She has been spoiled.  Big time.  And although I keep reading that "you can't spoil a newborn," my experience the other day tells me otherwise.

Danna, Beth and Darin went golfing; since I just end up showing up everyone on the course with my mad golf skills, I decided to stay home.  They left me with a calm baby.  She did not stay that way long.  I decided to empty the dishwasher.  I put her in her bouncer, she stared out the window seeing who knows what with her blurry baby blues.  She was happy.  I walk to the dishwasher.  She screams.  I walk back and turn on the vibrations.  She stops.  I walk to the dishwasher.  She screams.  I put her on the counter while I attempt to empty the dishwasher (yes, I know I'm breaking a big safety rule here by having her in a bouncer up high, but she's not moving that much yet and I was right there).  I bend to get a dish out of the dishwasher.  She screams.  Repeat.  Many times.  Eventually I just forget about the bouncer and resign myself to the fact that Evie is going to need a little weaning from being held for so long and it's not going to be fun.  Until then, if I am to remain sane, my arms will be getting quite a workout and I expect them to be lean, mean baby holding machines in no time.

In all seriousness though, it was wonderful having family here.  My parents were here for a week, Darin's mom and Beth were here for a week and Kasi was here for a whopping 18 days.  I'm so happy they've all gotten to meet Evie and hold her and love her up close and personal.  Darin's dad will be staying with us in February to complete the grandparents meeting her.

Mostly we all just hung out at home and worked around Evie's schedule, but we did occasionally venture out into the world taking walks, going to Old Town Spring to shop and look around and to the Kemah boardwalk twice.

So anyway, without further adieu, here are just a few of the obscene number of pictures that were taken when family was in town.  

Grandpa and Evie...and Josie the babysitter

Grandma & Grandpa

Grandma and Evie

Snoozin'

The puppies were quite certain the company was here just for them.

Ha!  Kasi was sick so I made her wear a mask for a couple days.

Mask free.  Auntie & Evie




Evie's first trip to Kemah and first time in the Bjorn.
LOVE that Baby Bjorn!  It's awesome!


Grandma & Grandpa getting ready to leave.

Snoozin' with Auntie

Business pose for the bottle

All swaddled and ready for bed.

Monkey butt!

The Thinker.

Grandma Coble meets Evie


Hangin' out with Grandma Beth



Hey Guys...I'm New Around Here!

She suddenly realized the pacifier wasn't in her mouth.  It was traumatic.


Yes, I bought her the "Wild About Mommy" shirt.  All the shirts say
"Daddy's Girl" or something along those lines.  I had to snatch up the Mommy
shirt when I found it!
Auntie Kasi getting ready to leave










I'm ready to go to Kemah!


Trying on our friend Ellie's sunglasses.  They're totally her.

In the Baby Bjorn with Daddy at Kemah


Seeing Mommy after Mommy got to hang out at home, alone, for the day!
What a treat!

New Year's Eve
And for those of you who watch Modern Family,
yes, that shirt might be right out of Cam's closet.
Yes, it was a good 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment