Friday, July 8, 2011

Does this baby make me look fat?

Well, I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and in the last week it has become extremely obvious that I'm preggo.  Last Saturday Darin and I went out to eat and to watch the UFC fights with his co-worker, her husband and another couple.  (We're not into UFC, but I have to say, I was entertained.)  I wore a pair of my old jeans.  I could zip and button them.  I thought, "I look pretty good!  This pregnancy thing's got nothin' on me!"

And then came week 18.  And holy buckets, if I'm not being punished for having those thoughts.  Ha!

Actually, I'm happy people can finally tell I'm pregnant and not just a "few" (just go with it, people) pounds overweight.  The only thing I think now is, "If I look like this at 19 weeks, what am I going to look like at 40?!"  The thought is a bit frightening.  Will I have to roll to the hospital to give birth?  Possibly have an ambulance, or maybe a crane, pick me up to get me there?

I'm already dreading the weigh-in at my next doctor's appointment.  Oddly enough, at my 17 week appointment, I weighed less than I did at my first appointment and less than I do after the Christmas holiday!  Something tells me I'm not going to be so lucky this time around!

Of course, I'm kidding about all of this.  Sort of.  I know I'm not the first person to be pregnant and I know I'm not the first person to feel overwhelmingly fat.  But, it's happening to me for the first time, so everyone else's experiences kind of matter...and kind of don't.  At least I feel fantastic!  No complaints from this pregnant lady!

I better get to walking.  If I have a huge stomach, that's OK.  But huge everything else?  I'm hoping to prevent that with a little tennies on pavement action.

18 weeks, 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment