Thursday, October 13, 2011

Down and Out in Houston

Oh, it has been a loooooooooooong few days in the Coble household.

Darin and I had our very informative childbirth class on Saturday the 8th.  And, although it did get a bit long during a couple videos (I'd say ask Darin, but he nodded off a few times, so I don't know if it seemed as long for him!), it was great information to receive.  Who knew there were so many birth positions?  They clearly do not show any of those in the movies.  It was good to find out about options for birth day as well as ideas and suggestions to make it smoother and a little better.  The countdown is on now!  Less than two months and Darin and I will be going by two new names...Mommy and Daddy.  But, this is not the day that was so long.  This is the day that Darin and I think started the longest 24 hours.

Sunday the 9th started with some normal household chores and then we were just relaxing.  I didn't feel very good from the get go, but didn't think much of it.  Until Darin didn't feel good either that night.  Well, he threw up at 9pm.  I lasted until 12:15am.  And then began the longest day in Houston, thus far.

We finally went to the ER around 8am Monday morning to get some fluids by IV since they were not staying down any other way.  I'm very glad we decided to go in because as it turns out dehydration can cause contractions and it was for me.  They stopped as soon as the fluids were started.  Since I'm pregnant, they took blood samples from me and I guess I had quite the infection going on (and it can be assumed Darin did as well).  We both got discharged with two antibiotics and an anti-nausea med.  Darin and I left the hospital not feeling much better but at least not throwing up anymore!

The rest of Monday and Tuesday were spent sleeping on the couch or in bed.  Wednesday Darin went into work for what was supposed to be 3 hours and turned into 7 hours.  Then the rest of the day was spent on the couch.  Today is Thursday and it looks like we might be on the mend.  Darin went into work this morning and I'm about to leave to take the dogs to the dog park.  They are about to lose their minds being inside so much.  Normally I walk around the track at the park, but I think today I'll just park it on the bench.  Too much jostling on my stomach otherwise and I still don't fully trust it.

Darin and I both think we had a bout of food poisoning...possibly from the sandwiches fed to us at the childbirth class, which was held at the hospital.  That's not a very ethical way to get patients...!

So, it's been pretty bad around here.  And although on Monday I was certain I would feel a million times better if I could just temporarily take the ever moving Baby C out of my belly, I am enjoying her gymnastics moves once again.  Also, I am very thankful we weren't this sick with a newborn.  That would have been a real nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment